Manicure is a beauty treatment which is designated especially for fingernails and hands. The first step of manicure involves soaking the hands in a solution, applying hand lotion, afterwards properly filing and shaping the nails, and in the end if required applies nail polish.
Pedicure is a similar form of treatment but it is intended for feet. The steps required are also similar to manicure which requires soaking the feet, filing and shaping the nails appropriately and in the end applying lotion and nail polish.
The procedure involved for doing manicure and pedicure at home adding a professional looking touch. Before starting let’s make a list of tools and items you will be requiring.
Bowl of warm water
Nail polish remover
Hand & Feet towel
Transparent Nail Polish
Massage Lotion or Body Lotion
Extra & Optional Items Required:
Base & Top Coat
Pedicure, Manicure Machines
STEPS FOR DOING A PROFESSIONAL MANICURE
Remove any nail polish applied on your nails with nail polish remover. Wash your hands nicely; next soak your hands for about 10 to 15 minutes in a bowl containing warm water, few drops of lemon juice and some quantity of hand wash liquid.
Now scrub your hands with bath salt for removing dead skin cells, and dry your hands with a clean towel.
Trim your nails with clippers and shape them nicely with the help of nail filer. Start filing from the outer edge and move towards the center.
Again soak your hands in warm water, next apply cream, oil or cuticle remover for removing cuticles.
Polish your nails with nail buffer or polishing board.
Finish your manicure with a hand massage by applying hand lotion or oils. Professional parlors soak their client’s hands in paraffin or wax before applying any lotion on hands.
Now apply nail polish, after manicure it is suggested to use clear or transparent nail polish for giving a clean and fresh look.
STEPS FOR DOING A PROFESSIONAL PEDICURE
- First remove if there is any nail polish with the help of nail polish remover. Next trim your nails, and file them properly. Some people prefer cutting nails after soaking as they will become softer and easier to shape, but if you have brittle nails follow this step first.
- Fill warm water in a big, deep bowl which should be able to hold enough water to cover your ankles. Squeeze the juice of 1 big lemon in it.
- For feet it is recommended to use Epsom salt ½ cup, this is an emollient and will soothe inflammations, reduce roughness and best of all it relieves muscle pain. Epsom salt can easily be bought from any medical shop or you can use any other bath salts on hand.
- Next add any foot wash, liquid hand wash or shampoo of your choice in the same warm water.
- Now you have to add essential oils of your choice, around 10 to 12 drops. You can use lavender and eucalyptus, lavender soothes and rejuvenates the skin and also aids in calming the nerves while eucalyptus provides excellent relief to aching feet.
- You can also add some smooth and fine pebbles in the water, as this will provide you with a gentle massage and you will definitely feel relaxed and clam.
- Sit comfortably and soak your feet for about 15 to 20 minutes and then dry them with a towel.
- Now apply some cuticle cream on the base of each toe nail, next remove any dry, rough and dead skin cells with the help of pumice stone or foot filer. Next wipe off the cuticle cream and push back the cuticles gently with a cuticle pusher.
- Now apply any good scrubber on your feet and ankles and scrub gently.
Once you have completed scrubbing, now wash your feet and moisturize them with a good moisturizing cream.
- 11. Now apply almond and olive oils 1 tsp each with 10 to 12 drops of essential oils for making good home massage oil for feet.
- Now you can apply any nail polish to your toes or you can just use a transparent nail polish for having clean and beautiful feet.